Status: THIS POST IS A SPAM
How can your bank account with internet banking facility can be hacked?
- Hacker accesses your name and date of birth from Facebook.
- With these details he goes to the IncomeTax site and updates them. From there he obtains the pancard and mobile numbers.
- Then he gets a duplicate pancard made.
- After this he lodges a mobile theft complaint in a police station.
- With the duplicate pancard he gets another simcard from the mobile company.
- Through internet banking he is now ready to access your account.
- He goes to the site and uses the forgot my password option.
- Now he easily gets past other options and gets the Internet banking pin on his simcard.
This information was issued by the Cyber Cell Police.
All those who used Net Banking are requested to edit Facebook profile and
delete the birth date and mobile no. as a safety measure.
Forwarded as received
1. The Income Tax website doesn’t reveal your mobile number details. Okay, let’s assume the hacker already has them.
2. For a duplicate PAN card to be made, he would need a proof of identity (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Passport etc.), a proof of address and a proof of date of birth.
3. Obviously, the duplicate PAN card will get delivered on your residence and not the hacker’s.
4. He will need the same documents to get a new sim card issued too.
And as soon as the new sim card gets activated, your old SIM will stop working. And you will not do anything about it. Right?
5. For the hacker to access your net banking account, he would need to answer some security questions and/or fill in the last 4 digits of your card and/or expiry date and/or PIN number.
6. Also, the link to reset your password will appear on your registered e-mail ID and not on your mobile phone number.
Dated: 16 April 2016