[SPAM] Good News Sir, Aapki Sim Ke Number Pe Aapki KBC Se Rs 2,500,000 Ki Lottery Lagi Hai
WhatsApp scam of winning a lottery of Rs 2,500,000 from KBC (Kaun Banega Crorepati) is being shared with audio and a poster with a phone number for contacting only through WhatsApp
The below post has been circulating on social media
Verification: WhatsApp message regarding the KBC lottery is fake
WhatsApp scam of winning a lottery of Rs 2,500,000 from KBC (Kaun Banega Crorepati) is being shared with audio and a poster with a phone number for contacting only through WhatsApp. The fraudaster has used photos of PM Modi, and Amitabh Bachchan to make it look real. The message is fake. Kindly don’t fall into the trap. There is no such lottery from KBC. Various kinds of such messages are being shared widely on WhatsApp to mislead people. The message is from non-Indian numbers and sometimes from an Indian number. Cyber Crime Unit Delhi has cautioned people about such frauds and has shared some safety precautions points. Check the points stated below:
1. Any message informing you that you have won a lottery or a prize, is, in all likelihood, a fraud.
2. A closer look into such messages will show poor drafting, grammatical errors, and other glaring signs that the message is not genuine.
3. These frauds exploit your greed. You forget to take basic precautions such as discussing with family members, verifying the information through alternate means, etc., as you get blinded by your greed.
4. In any genuine lottery or prize, the tax component and other charges are cut from the prize money and the winner gets the deducted amount. So ask yourself the question that why you have to pay these charges in advance to get the so-called lottery money. This is because it is a fraud and there is no money that you have won.
5. In the caller insists on maintaining secrecy, it is a sign that there is something fishy about the whole thing.
The main media ( Zee News) has cautioned people about such frauds as these frauds are being noticed for many years.
PIB fact Check tweeted refuting the claims shared on WhatsApp for the same fraud:
▶️ऐसे लॉटरी स्कैम से सावधान रहें।
▶️इस तरह के कॉल, मेल और मैसेज पर अपनी निजी जानकारी साझा ना करें।
— PIB Fact Check (@PIBFactCheck) June 1, 2022
We ensure that you are updated with the facts. Please Check4spam before you believe and forward any doubtful image, message, or video. Be cautious, be safe.
Find all fact-checking articles about news using Nokiye.com
Good News Sir, Aapki Sim Ke Number Pe Aapki KBC Se Rs 2,500,000 Ki Lottery Lagi Hai I Nokiye
Post Date: 24 Aug 2022
Post ID: #80578